If you own out-of-state real estate, like a vacation home or a rental or other investment property, you should create a Revocable Living Trust and transfer that property to the Trust. Otherwise, upon your death, there will have to be a probate in every state where you owned real estate. When the property is owned by your Revocable Living Trust, there is no need for these assets to go through probate anywhere.

If you, your family, friends, co-workers, or neighbors have questions about Revocable Living Trusts, give us a call at 253.858.5434 to set up an appointment. We proudly serve clients throughout Washington and Idaho and are available to meet with clients in person, by phone, or via Skype.