It can be overwhelming to administer a Trust, but we can help. If you have been named the Trustee of a Trust, you have a long road ahead of you. Even if everything in a Trust is spelled out in the clearest possible terms, every Trust is different. These differences can determine exactly how much work will be involved, in addition to the long list of activities that are typically a part of trust administration:
* Obtaining legal documents and records necessary to administer the Trust and certify the validity of the Trust when dealing with third parties.
* Collecting monies owed to the Trust.
* Maintaining an inventory of Trust property.
* Consulting financial, tax, and legal advisors regarding proper administration of the Trust.
* Paying debts and expenses of the Trust.
* Managing Trust assets and investments.
* Obtaining appraisals or valuations of Trust assets.
* Selling Trust property.
* Keeping accurate records of Trust income and expenditures.
* Filing tax returns.
* Providing information to Trust beneficiaries if required by the Trust.
* Distributing Trust income and property to beneficiaries.
* Executing documents to transfer title to Trust property to beneficiaries.
Give us a call at 253.858.5434 to find out how we can help with any of these Trustee duties. We represent clients throughout Washington and Idaho and are available to meet in person, by phone, or via Skype or FaceTime.