Why is estate planning different for you if you're an artist, author, musician, or songwriter?
* Your Personal Representative needs expert advice on what to do with your body of work.
* You need to prevent really awful squabbles about your work. (It happens!)
* You need to say whether your work should be sold, given to beneficiaries and/or charities, or destroyed.
* Your beneficiaries need to know about which works might produce ongoing income (for example, artwork that is licensed or could be licensed).
* All of your work needs to be cataloged - and that catalog kept up to date.
* You need to think about which taxable schemes your estate might address/adopt.
* Your specific works and the publishing rights to those works are two separate assets and need to be addressed as such.
If you have estate planning questions, give us a call at 253.858.5434 to set up an appointment today. We proudly represent clients throughout Washington and Idaho and are available to meet in person, by phone, or via Skype or FaceTime.